Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Chapter 2

We discussed the four different learning perspectives which are behaviorist , cognitive perspective, constructive, and social psychology perspectives. Although all these perspectives have their own advantages and disadvantages, the one that I think is the most efficient is the constructivist perspective. The reason why I think that way may be related to the fact that the teachers I liked very much during my high school years were constructivist and I think they were the best teachers at the school.

They were very effective teachers because rather than just lecturing and telling the students how to do things, they encouraged us to be active during the courses and engaged us in authentic tasks in meaningful contexts.

To compare them with the teachers that I had earlier, who were usually behaviorists, I think we need to look at the learning outcomes. For me, they weren't very successful at teaching. I didn't learn much from that teachers because I need to be active during the classes in order for learning to occur. From the constructivist teachers, however, I learned a lot. Because we were all involved in the lesson and we were doing tasks that are related to real life problems, the learning occurred without even realizing that we were learning something.

Now that I am a teacher-in-training, I am trying to prepare myself becoming a constructivist teacher as well. The only difference between my high school teachers and me is going to be that I am going to use technology way more than they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment